The Next Generation Winners



Four Writtle University College garden design graduates have made a prestigious list of 30 under 30 put together by a leading industry magazine.
Inez Williams, Sam Moore, Adam Newson and Will Innes-Taylor have been named in ProLandscaper’s 30 Under 30 list and are winners in its competition to find The Next Generation. They will be presented with awards at industry event FutureScape next month.
Two of the winners – Sam and Adam – only graduated this year and decided to study a degree in Landscape and Garden Design at Writtle after gaining a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horticulture.

While Further Education students, they were both part of WUC’s winning Young Gardeners of the Year team 2015 and, as degree students, they produced work for an RHS collaborative project celebrating the life of 18th Century garden designer Humphry Repton, which is now on tour of RHS gardens in the UK.

Adam, 21, from Brentwood, now works for Ground Control in Billericay and is continuing to study at Writtle, reading an MA Landscape Architecture.
He said: “The combination of the diverse range of modules and the opportunities I have been given at Writtle, alongside the real world experience I have gained through working at Ground Control at the same time, have enabled me to transfer the skills I have learnt in lectures to the work place and vice versa. This has highlighted to me how valuable the two have been in parallel to becoming industry-ready.

“I’m thrilled to have been recognised by Pro Landscaper and look forward to the opportunities ahead.”
Sam, 22, from Halstead, now works for Cube1994 in Danbury. He said: “My degree at Writtle gave me the design skills I needed to hit the ground running at Cube and the framework on which to build my knowledge of how to look at gardens and see what a garden can be. My Further Education course gave me a lot of practical skills which I can apply on-site and also when designing, for example when designing out problems.
“I’m now an Assistant Garden Designer, planning to stay at Cube for the foreseeable future, but my longer term goal is to become fully-registered with the SGD (Society of Garden Designers) as a Member of the SGD. I would also like to do a show garden of my own at some point in the nearer future.”

Inez Williams, 25, from Truro, graduated from WUC in 2014 with a BSc (Hons) Garden Design Restoration & Management and is now working at LUC (Land Use Consultants). She said: “I am incredibly proud to have been recognised in this year’s Pro Landscaper 30 Under 30 awards. 2018 has been great for me to develop my skills and knowledge base as well as grow in confidence. I am very much looking forward to the awards ceremony.”
Will Innes-Taylor, 25, from Lincolnshire, graduated from WUC in 2015 with a BSc (Hons) Horticulture and now works for Tim Wells Nurseries. He said: “I am thrilled to have been chosen as one of the few individuals to gain this award. "To see 29 other determined people excelling at what they do really reaffirms what a great industry this is and the opportunities there are out there."

Richard Romang, Lecturer in Landscape Design at Writtle University College, said he was delighted to see four graduates had made the prestigious list.
“This shows how our courses prepare our graduates for their profession by developing their self-confidence and design, technological and academic skills to be industry ready," he said.
"We’ll look forward to watching how their careers develop and I’m sure they’ll be an inspiration to those considering a career in landscape architecture or garden design.”

#WUC #writtledesign #landscape architecture #chooselandscape

Post a Comment

0 Comments